Although some of the most obvious benefits of Testosterone therapy are widely accepted, there are many benefits to replacing testosterone in both men and women that are much more underrated. Lets explore some of the benefits you may not know are associated with bio-identical testosterone replacement.
- Overall Sense of well being, decreased anxiety and depression
- Supports energy levels, stamina and muscle mass. When muscle mass is maintained, metabolism is increased and weight loss is easier when combined with a healthy diet and exercise
- Vital for libido and pleasure from sexual intercourse. Increases sexual satisfaction by increasing penile and vaginal sensitivity
- Promotes increased collagen production and skin integrity
- Proven to be damaging to cancer cells in the breast tissue, even used in oncology to shrink tumors in the breast
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Decreased chance of developing Alzheimer’s Disease
- Increased healthy bone production and decreased bone turnover. Decreased incidence of developing osteopenia or osteoporosis, can even reverse these in some case
While there are many different types of testosterone replacement available. It is always important to find a wellness center or physician with special training in these therapies, to be sure that you are getting the most cutting edge protocols and treatment procedures available. This is very important due to the fact that physicians that receive special post graduate training regarding hormones learn the importance of prescribing and administering bio-identical hormone replacement vs synthetic. These physicians understand that synthetic hormones have many side effects which can actually have negative impacts to their patients. These providers also have extensive training in managing your levels and symptoms after starting this type of therapy. They are also educated in the different types of bio-identical testosterone replacement , which include:
- SL Troches
- Subcutaneous Pellets
Careful determination should be made when deciding which therapy might be best for you. Pellets are the only long delivery method of testosterone available which provide a 24/7 consistent delivery rate for 3-4 months for women, and 4-6 months for men. You can determine what delivery is best for you by scheduling an appointment with a hormone specialist to go over your history , your goals, and which therapy will work best for you.