“Couplepause” How BHRT Can Help Achieve Sexual Vitality Together!
Lack of sexual wellness in long term relationships can have a significant effect on both partners physical AND emotional well being.
But what if there was a better way? Many times , during couplepause, the problem can ebb and flow. This leads one partner to seek out consultation or intervention alone , while the other may still be struggling in silence. In addition to lack of seeking care, often times sexual health and wellness is not routinely monitored by primary care physicians, leading couples to think that lack of sexual health in their relationship is just a “normal” part of aging. The reality is that lack of intimacy causes a detriment to the individuals AND the couple as a pair.
By seeking out care from a team of medical professionals specializing in Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement and sexual health and wellness, you will feel the sense of normalcy that these types of therapies should be receiving even in mainstream medical practices. Using highly individualized testing, dosing, and treatment plans providers are able to help couples get back their vitality and vigor both inside and outside of the bedroom.
Balanced hormones like Testosterone, Estradiol, and Progesterone for women, and Testosterone for men, are imperative in being part of the conversation when addressing lack of sexual desire or performance among couples who are suffering from couplepause. Physical changes as well as chemical changes that contribute to signs and symptoms such as erectile dysfunction, vaginal dryness, lack of libido, can be mitigated through the replacement of these depleted hormone levels through all natural bio-identical sources of delivery such as creams, pellets , or even sublingual troches.
In addition to addressing physical limitations which may be caused by depletion of sexual hormones, it is also important for couples to address any emotional factors that could be contributing to their impaired sexual health as a couple. Lack of intimacy ultimately also typically exacerbates the feeling of distance and lack of meaningful connection among partners. Finding a common ground to safely communicate the intimacy issues is also vital in the road to optimal sexual and emotional wellness in your relationship.
Intimacy satisfaction and relationship contentment won’t happen overnight. Couples have be willing to do the work, see the course , and have the tough conversations. Cultivating a safe and open environment and lines of communication with your provider and your partner will open the pathways to success in achieving sexual vitality. In time, your combined efforts will find room to grow and blossom for many months and years to come.
- Bachmann GA, Leiblum SR. The impact of hormones on menopausal sexuality: a literature review. Menopause. 2004 Jan-Feb;11(1):120-30. doi: 10.1097/01.GME.0000075502.60230.28. PMID: 14716193.
- Corona G, Petrone L, Mannucci E, Magini A, Lotti F, Ricca V, Chiarini V, Forti G, Maggi M. Assessment of the relational factor in male patients consulting for sexual dysfunction: the concept of couple sexual dysfunction. J Androl. 2006 Nov-Dec;27(6):795-801. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.106.000638. Epub 2006 Jun 28. PMID: 16809271.
- Covey, Stephen R. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Restoring the Character Ethic. New York: Free Press, 2004.
- Elena Colonnello, Erika Limoncin, Giacomo Ciocca, Andrea Sansone, Daniele Mollaioli, Giancarlo Balercia, Hartmut Porst, Hui Zhang, Xi Yu, Yan Zhang, Emmanuele A. Jannini, The Lost Penis Syndrome: A New Clinical Entity in Sexual Medicine, Sexual Medicine Reviews,Volume 10, Issue 1,2022, Pages 113-129, ISSN 2050-0521, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sxmr.2021.08.001.
- Fisher WA, Donahue KL, Long JS, Heiman JR, Rosen RC, Sand MS. Individual and Partner Correlates of Sexual Satisfaction and Relationship Happiness in Midlife Couples: Dyadic Analysis of the International Survey of Relationships. Arch Sex Behav. 2015 Aug;44(6):1609-20. doi: 10.1007/s10508-014-0426-8. Epub 2014 Nov 5. PMID: 25370356.
- Granville L, Pregler J. Women’s Sexual Health and Aging. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018 Mar;66(3):595-601. doi: 10.1111/jgs.15198. Epub 2018 Jan 24. PMID: 29363110.
- Jannini EA, Nappi RE. Couplepause: A New Paradigm in Treating Sexual Dysfunction During Menopause and Andropause. Sex Med Rev. 2018 Jul;6(3):384-395. doi: 10.1016/j.sxmr.2017.11.002. Epub 2018 Jan 19. PMID: 29371146.
- E. Maseroli, E. Fanni, E. Mannucci, M. Fambrini, E.A. Jannini, M. Maggi, L. Vignozzi. Which are the Male Factors Associated with Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD)? The Journal of Sexual Medicine, Volume 13, Issue 6, Supplement, 2016, Page S252, ISSN 1743-6095, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2016.04.029.
- Parish SJ, Hahn SR, Goldstein SW, Giraldi A, Kingsberg SA, Larkin L, Minkin MJ, Brown V, Christiansen K, Hartzell-Cushanick R, Kelly-Jones A, Rullo J, Sadovsky R, Faubion SS. The International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health Process of Care for the Identification of Sexual Concerns and Problems in Women. Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 May;94(5):842-856. doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2019.01.009. Epub 2019 Apr 4. PMID: 30954288.
- Belmar Pharmacy, Rachel Noonan PharmD July 2022